Animo Leadership Consultancy
Animo Leadership acknowledges the systemic inequities that impact individuals and businesses with whom we work. This diversity, equity and inclusion statement outlines how we will support behaviours and practices that give everyone the opportunities and resources to thrive.
As a leadership consultancy for the third and public sectors we want to develop services and work in partnership with under-represented groups and support equitable outcomes for our clients and business partners.
Here are our commitments to ensuring we are an inclusive organisation,
1. We will work with associate facilitators and partners who can bring different lived experiences to inform our service development. As our company grows so too must its diversity. As co-founders Maria and Kate are both white, heterosexual, able bodied and privileged. We recognise these similarities narrow our vision and thinking and we need to nurture our appreciation of difference.
2. We promise that the resources we reference in our workshops and leadership programmes will be from a diverse range of authors. There are a disproportionate number of white, male leadership authors and speakers who are referenced. We will also shape our programme content using a diverse range of contributors. We will continue to use our leadership library and our social media platforms to promote diverse thought leadership.
3. We will support our clients to lead inclusively and make the brave decision to do things differently. We will continue to develop our inclusive leadership modules in partnership with EDI experts to ensure that our offer supports individuals and businesses at all stages of their inclusion journey. When an organisation recognises it wants to change its culture we will provide support for them to do this.
4. We are committed to exploring and challenging our own power and privilege. As part of our continuous learning we will seek out training that supports us to do this so that our confidence to challenge our communities’ unconscious bias, micro-aggressions or policies and practices grow.
How will we measure and share our progress?
- You will see more diversity in the associates and partners with whom we work
- You will see more diversity in the resources we use
- You will see a wider offer from Animo on Inclusive Leadership